The General Manager
Sub: Non Implementation of Labour Laws –reg.
We would like to bring the following to your kind notice and appeal to you to take suitable action on the points mentioned below,
(1) It is very pathetic that even the meagre wages of the Contract Labourers is not paid in due date i.e., before 7 th of every month.
(2) Even though the Contract Labourers are working in BSNL for more than 10 years continuously, necessary Muster rolls were not maintained properly as per Rule 26(5) in Form- V. Due to this fact the Contract Labourers are indiscriminately dismissed from job.
(3) The Contract Labourers were not even paid with Minimum Wages, as per
The Minimum wage Act-1948. In some areas the Contractor and the administration are collaborating in this issue and not ensuring the Legal wages to the Contract Labourers.
(4) Ensure salary payment for the Contract Labourers only through bank accounts by the respective contractors.
(5) The Agencies/Contractors should provide Photo Identity Card to the Contract Labourers working under them for security reasons.
(6) According to Section- 8 of Bonus Act the eligibility for Bonus is Minimum of 30 days continuous work in a particular Accounting year. Hence it is requested that Minimum Bonus of 8.33% be paid to all the Contract labourers working in BSNL continuously for year together.
(7) The payment of the Contract Labourers was not classified according to the nature of job they are actually perform. Categorization wages to the Contract Labourers is not at all implemented in BSNL .
(8) Hire and fire method is being followed in BSNL with regard to Contract Labourers engagement. Being a public sector BSNL should implement the labour laws. But in turn
Without any reasons many labourers are removed from job and also some new contract labourers are being appointed by the contractors like M/s. Malli Security Services, Balaji Agencies, Alert security services etc., these contractors should be inspected by the Learned authority and also by management as principle employer to ensure statutory benefits of the Labourers. Fraudulent contractors should be blacklisted.
(9) Implement the order passed by the Dy.CLC regarding the arrears payment from 2008-2010. Insisting these demands Our Union State Executive meeting decided to hold demonstration on 09/08/2018 at the District Headquarters and also to conduct daylong hunger fast in Trichy on 21/08/2018.
“We shall be thankful and grateful to your favorable action Sir.”
Copy to: (1) Dy.Chief .Labour Commissioner,(Central) Shastri Bhavan, No:26, Haddows Road,
(2) Regional Labour Commissioner, Shastri Bhavan, No:26, Haddows Road,Chennai.
(3) The Chief General Manager,O/o C.G.M –Tamil Nadu,BSNL,Greams road
(4) The Cheif General Manager,Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited,Chennai Telephones,(5) Com. C.K. Mathivannan –All India General Secretary, Chennai-